A fine network of fibers throughout the body makes up the nervous system. It monitors and regulates all the functions of the body by sending tiny electrical signals of information from one part of the body to another. The nerves grow out from the brain and spinal cord, branching out, with very fine nerve endings, to every part of the body. Most nerves are in bundles, like ropes, forming thick strands, with the thickest of all being the sciatic nerve, that runs down both legs.
. ✨"Fight or Flight" - Sympathetic Nervous System✨
Stress, fear, worry, self-criticism and anxiety reduce our body's innate ability to combat environmental stressors and therefore be susceptible to their detrimental effects. Scientifically, when one is in fight or flight their sympathetic nervous system is activated. This causes:
. * The pupils to dilate
* Breathing to become constricted
* Heart rate to rise
* Muscles to contract (hence that pit of the stomach feeling when worrisome)
* The salivary glands begin to reduce the production of saliva
* The liver then starts turning more glycogen into glucose
* Digestion slows down, food rots and putrefies, the body loses the ability to asimulate nutrients
* The adrenals release large amounts of stress hormones like cortisol.
* Kidney function weakens * Lymphatic stagnation due to kidney weakness
* Acidosis, pain, illness as a result of the body's inability to eliminate cellular waste (lymph)
Now let's back up a few bullet points to those adrenal glands. Here's where it really gets interesting. Those adrenal glands happen to sit right on top of your kidneys. They are said to be the "brain" of the kidneys. Over the longer term, chronically elevated stress levels lead to your internal organs becoming depleted of the raw materials that they need in order to carry out their key functions. As we know, kidneys are responsible for filtering lymphatic waste. All of your cellular waste is dumped into your lymphatic system (your body's immune system) for elimination. When your lymph system is unable to eliminate toxic buildup from the body, this stagnation causes acidosis and acidosis is at the root of all pain and disease in the body.